Week 6: Tomatoes in March!



0 comments
Sun dried tomatoes?? Steve, of NorthStar Farm, continues to delight us with his offerings. 

Dried tomatoes retain their nutritional value and are a great way to add a punch of tomato flavor out of season. They're most commonly seen in pasta dishes or atop pizzas, but don't stop there. 

Mark Bittman, food writer for the NY Times, recommends this recipe for Sun Dried Tomato Hummus.


As for me, I'm always looking for nutritious tupperware-friendly lunch ideas, and these green and grain salads definitely fit the bill.
I've been eyeing this lentil recipe for awhile now. Don't be intimidated by the long ingredient list- it's only a recommendation! The most alluring aspect for me is the mix of colors and textures, so just use what you have. I think I'll be mixing in some onion and kale from the share.


This salad appeals as well. Here, orzo is tossed with the tomatoes and mixed greens, making the salad feel more like a meal.

And because we can't always eat salads and munch crudites...

I'll leave you with this. Enjoy!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post